The Great Western Tiers Cycle Challenge is a social but challenging ride through the northern countryside of Tasmania to raise money for the New Horizons Club Inc, which provides sporting and recreational opportunities for people with disabilities and Youngtown Rotary Club projects. Route options range from 24kms to 170kms. The last event was held on Sunday 24 March 2019.
All rides start from Prospect Park Sports Ground, Harley Parade Prospect and pass through slow country roads with a distance to suit all abilities:
- 170 kilometre ride to Deloraine, Chudleigh, Birralee and return.
- 120 km ride to Deloraine, Birralee and return.
- 100 kilometre ride to Deloraine and return.
- 76 kilometre ride to Westbury and return.
- 52 kilometre ride towards Hagley and then returning via the old Bass Highway.
- 24 kilometre ride to Carrick and return.
- Team Corporate Challenge where the winning team is the one that completes the most kilometres in aggregate.