Whilst this means that the program wasn't specifically targeted at trail development, several of the grants are all for the betterment of the trail and track network that is slowly building in Tasmania.
- The Safe Routes to School Program in Kingborough by funding an off-road cycling connection between the Algona Rd underpass and Huntingfield;·
- Completion of the Barossa Creek off-road shared path in Glenorchy;
- Improvements to on-road cycling lanes at four signalised intersections in Launceston;
- Improvements to signage and line marking on the Intercity Cycleway in Hobart; and
- Widening and other improvements to Bluff Track on Flinders Island to enable people to use it for cycling.
I particularly like the sound of that last one.