LMBC's Geard Cycles 4 Hour Enduro has apparently grown up into the Geards Cycle Giant 275 enduro and I somehow suspect that with Kim eyeing off one of these new Giant 27.5's that I might find myself at this event come October 6.
The only new additions to the tassietrails.org calender come from Audax Tasmania which has published its long distance events for the summer period. These events are generally road events, but if you're not into racing, but still like to log up some kilometres on challenging but scenic rides then these Audax events are a great alternative.
The current list of Audax events include:
- Saturday 26th: Ranelagh Ramble 100km.
- Sunday 3: Commando Circuit: 50km
- Sunday 10: Bike Tas Big Ride: 100km
- Sunday 17: I Can Ride 100 Miles: 150km Unsupported
- Sunday 8: Ash Dash and Demi Dash: 200km/120km.
- Saturday 4/Sunday 5: Swansea Loop: 300km
- Saturday 11/Sunday 12: Swansea Loop Too: 300km
- Saturday 18/Sunday 19: Mt Field weekend: 2x100km
Finally, and although not event update still worthy of note, BikeTas have completely updated their website and of course the North East Mountain Bike Website is also now up and running and waiting for you to join the community.
So if getting out and riding isn't seeming appealing right now maybe head on over there and check out their websites.