- Hobart Trails
This is taken (again) straight from Dirt Art's facebook page, but I thought it was such a good thing that I couldn't resist putting it up ...
"After a long hiatus Dirt Art are now launching a fresh bunch of dates for volunteer works sessions at both Clarence and Glenorchy MTB Parks. All sessions will run from 0900 onwards, with a free BBQ provided. BYO tools if you have them, but we will have a supply available. Both Parks will use their respective shipping containers as a meeting point. We have scheduled a session for the second Saturday of each month for consistency.
"There are a few extra sessions towards the end of the program. For more info or to join our mailing list please email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 0438 310 984. "
The dates for the sessions are:
- December 8th- Glenorchy MTB Park
- January 12th- Clarence MTB Park
- February 9th- Glenorchy MTB Park
- March 9th- Clarence MTB Park
- April 13th- Glenorchy MTB Park
- May 11th- Clarence MTB Park
- May 25th- Clarence MTB Park
- June 8th- Glenorchy MTB Park
- June 15th- Clarence MTB Park
- June 22nd- Glenorchy MTB Park
These dates have been added to our Interesting Events calendar. I hope people can get along.
Some illegally cut/built MTB tracks that run off the Water Fire Trail in Wellington Park for a distance north of approximately 300 metres, finishing in Tolosa Park will shortly be closed off/rehabilitated.
The Kingborough MTB Park is officially opening on Saturday 22 December. The day will kick off with speeches and ribbon cutting at 10am, followed by:
- 10.30am – Cross Country Time Trial (individual 2km lap)
- 11.30am- Junior XC race (under 12, 2km race)
- 12.30 pm - Free BBQ- Thanks to Dirt Devils Mountain Bike
- 1.30pm – Cross Country Eliminator (Tasmania's first ever!)
Registration will be on the day. $10 entry both senior events, Junior event is free. All money goes to the Dirt Devils. Normal MTB licensing will be in place- annual license or day license required.
Please come along and show the council and state government that the local MTB industry supports these new mountain bike developments (because, ultimately we want more trails!)
Source: Dirt Art & Dirt Devils for more information.
Public comment is being sought on the Draft Meehan Range Nature Recreation Area (Redgate Section) Management Statement 2017 by 8 January 2018.